Simply Country Seasons


Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Why I choose the name I did.

This post is in response to Karen's request http://mycolonialhome.blogspot.com that we post how and why we named our blogs.


First of all I just realized that I just passed my 3rd year of blogging.
I wrote my first post on September 1, 2009. I had no idea that it was that long ago.
A lot has changed since then.

I have always loved primitive and antiques and we used to go to auctions almost weekly.  Well after awhile you need to let go of some of your collection so I rented space in several local antique malls. (That gave me an excuse to keep going to auctions)!
Then about 10 years ago I rented a space in a little antique mall that we could man ourselves.  We could set our hours and lock up if there was a conflict.  Along with antiques we also carried textiles, candles and other country accessories.  Since the shop was small I made sure to keep it fresh and did a complete change in it's appearance every season.  And so it was called Country Seasons.  When deciding on a blog name that one was taken.  So I choose Simply Country Seasons.  And that is how it all started.

Linda

13 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Three years??? Time flies when you are having fun!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,

After "knowing" you all these years, I never knew about your shop. I love the name of your blog. It just seems to suit you, even though I didn't know the history behind it.
Hugs,
Carolyn

Raymond Homestead said...

I like the name that you picked! Very fitting!

Primitive Stars said...

Hello Linda, found your wonderful blog,enjoyable. Love the name and story about how your name came to be.So much fun to read about evryones blog name. Blessings Francine.

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Linda,
This challenge has been just the best! I've learned so much about all of you out there. So glad I did this AND I'M SO HAPPY YOU JOINED IN.
Your name fits you perfectly.
Blessings,
Karen

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Linda, I love how you got the blog name. I also wanted to say YOU DID THE WALK GIRLIE!!!I read the post below and I am so proud of you.
Remember we are still moving to TN!

Thank a bunch for your prayers and we are praying for you as well.
You are a STRONG woman to do that walk. You are amazing and strong and a role model for people who are going through cancer.
Hugs,
Tricia XO

Mabel Jane's said...

Thanks for sharing your story...I just became your newest follower...Blessings...Pam

Lisa said...

Hi Miss Linda. I have been thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers. Hope you are doing well. I started back to blogging and now it is time for you to take the plunge. Let's go girlie.

Hugs,
Lisa

Rabbit Hill ~ Handmades by Jenn Tavoletti said...

Hi Linda, I love your blog name and finding out how those things came about. I'll bet your little booth was lovely! Congrats on finishing the 5K by the way!!!
Have a wonderful week ahead.
Warm hugs ~ Jenn

Debra said...

Just checking in, as I haven't seen/heard from you for a while. Lots of love prayers I've been sending your way and hoping all is well with you and your family. Miss your blogging!
Happy New Year blessings!

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Hi Linda! Long time no blog! Happy Spring!

Carmen and the Primcats

Anonymous said...

I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here.
The sketch is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish.
nonetheless, you command get bought an shakiness over that you wish be delivering the following.
unwell unquestionably come more formerly again as exactly the
same nearly very often inside case you shield this hike.



Feel free to surf to my blog post: windows registry cleaner

Anonymous said...

Linda, just popped over here and noticed your gorgeous blog header! LOVE IT! I wish I knew how to do something like that!
~Carolyn