Simply Country Seasons


Monday, September 10, 2012

I made it the whole way to the finish line.

I am proud to say that I finished the 5K walk on Sunday!  I never thought I would be able to do it but I did.  It was held in downtown Columbus through a beautiful scenic area by the river. There were many survivors there with their teams and everyone was in good spirits.  It was very comforting for me to meet lots of long time survivors.  Afterwards we all went back to my middle daughter's house for a delicious lunch.  That was followed by a great nap at home for me!
 
Saturday I went with two friends to the Quailcrest Farm Fest.
I kept forgetting to take pictures.  Here is a picture from last year when I met up with Lauren from (Rugs and Pugs) in Alice's booth
(A day in the life). We are all the same except I don't have that much hair right now.
I also ran into Julie Butler from (Plum Run Creek) there.
 
And here is the wonderful wool I bought from Alice. Some great light neutrals, a blue and a pretty barn red.  Plus some assorted greens for leaves and things.
 My next post I will tell you how I picked the name of my blog from Karen's (My Colonial Home) suggestion.

Until then,
Linda
 

 
 

7 comments:

Julia said...

Congratulations on doing the 5K walk Linda. You look beautiful even with just a little bit hair. I've been there and it will all grow back. It so nice having a picture of you and your handsome husband.

Love that nice pile of wool you got from Alice. Looking forward to seeing your rug.
Have a great week.
Hugs. JB

Rugs and Pugs said...

Linda ~
It was absolutely WONDERFUL seeing you. You look terrific!!!
Congrats on finishing the 5K. You've come so far. Be proud and keep on hookin'!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Anonymous said...

Congrats Linda! We are all so proud of you and so happy for you too.
~Carolyn

bettyj said...

WOO HOO! So proud of you! It makes me happy to know you are recovering so well. Your hair will grow in. Amanda is beginning to need a hair cut!lol This hard year is behind us and we all look to the future. 5k! Wow
Can't wait to hear how you got your name.

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Linda, you're my hero! You made my day -~ you're back!!! You look great and so alive and happy! Congratulations!!!

Primsue said...

Congrats on completing the 5K. So good to hear from you. Keeping you in my prayers.
Blessings,
Sue

My Colonial Home said...

Great post...I commend you on your 5K achievement...more than I can do that's for sure.
Great photo of the 3 of you! I have met Lauren - maybe someday I'll be able to say I met you too!
Oh my wool...don't get me started...lol
Hugs,
Karen