Simply Country Seasons


Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Finally a finish

Thanks to all of you who commented on my last post.  I really debated whether or not to post about my illness but now I am glad that it is done.

Jan if you are reading this thanks for telling me about being a 20 year survivor.
Ovarian cancer is just not spoken about very often.  We need to change that.


Well here is where I left off with my  rug in September. I just drew a pumpkin on linen and began.

It took me till just a couple weeks ago to pick up the hook again.

I wanted to be ahead for next Fall!

Here is the finished rug except for the binding.  Oh, did I tell you,                
I don't think I am crazy about binding. 
Gee, that is hard on your fingers.

I started on a pattern from Buttermilk
Basin called Saltbox Row.

Thanks for stopping by, will see you again soon.

Linda

15 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Linda ~
So good to see you posting again so soon! Love your little pumpkin. You are way ahead this year. I'm with you on the binding. I need to bind a little 6"x7" mat tonight and I dread even that.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Anonymous said...

Linda, I love it! Perfect for Fall or anytime. It's too pretty to put away! I love the white pumpkins more than the orange ones. I also love your borders!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Great rug and soooo happy to see you blogging again!! Hope this was a good day!!! I think of you often ~ can you feel it??!!

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Beautiful little pumpkin! I love the border. Glad to have you post! Sending prayers and healing light your way. I think keeping that hook in your hand is a good thing...it's healing too!
Big hug!
Courtney

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Linda, you really outdid yourself and I LOVE white pumpkins. I REALLY need to learn this craft.
My friend I am praying everyday for you. I have been through a lot and still am and now you are. The Lord is with you and our hubbies are with us and your true loving friends like me. I wanted to comment when I read post but I broke down in Ken's arms because I know what you are feeling, but we are friends, Linda and I love you and I am praying for you EVERYDAY!!!!!
Going back to your project it came out FABULOUS, i need to come over to your home and you can teach me.
That would be a GREAT plan!

God Bless you my friend,
Big Hugs,
Tricia XO

Julia said...

Linda, I'm so glad to see you hooking and blogging again. It's good therapy and sharing your concerns here with us is a good way to feel the love and moral support from your blogger friends.

Your pumpkin rug is fabulous and you're way ahead of me.

Sending love, prayers and courage your way. Hugs. JB

Raymond Homestead said...

Looks good Linda! I don't know how to hook. :-(

Karen said...

You will have something new to display this fall with your pumpkin piece. Nicely done.
I hope you are feeling better and will soon be back in the swing of things. It has been a hard time for you. I have had four big surgeries in the last 5 years but have not had to deal with the kind of things you have gone through.

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

I love your pumpkin rug! I just got some wool from Margie of Hungry Hook Primitives and I am going to give it a try....I hope you are doing ok and that everything goes well with your next surgery.

Bear Hugs & Blessings~Karen

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

What a winderful new piece you have hooked! Hooking is still something I have not mastered so I love seeing when others do!!

Keeping you in my prayers! hugs!!

Joy/The Olde Farmhouse said...

Oh, my gosh, I Love, love, love your hooked piece. It is wonderful and I love the white! I will never be able to learn that...tried it once and it was all "wonky." Linda, we are all praying for you and hope each chemo will not be bad. You will be able to get through it with all of us praying for you. Keep on hooking as it helps to keep busy.
{{HUGS}}
Joy

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Linda,
I'm so glad you posted....I pray you are feeling much better and support is so important isn't it.
I haven't been visiting my friends blogs lately...seems there's just so many other things that need tending to.
I'm glad I finally made it here though.

What a beautiful rug...it's addicting isn't it? But so therapeutic at the same time.

Blessings,
Karen

cynthia lee designs said...

Hi Linda,
I saw your comment on Stacey's blog that you were at the Gathered Treasures show. Wish I would of known...I was there too and would of loved to have met you.
I hope you are doing good and feeling better.
hugs,
Cindy

Rebecca said...

So glad to hear from you again, Linda. I have thought of you often. Nice to see that you are back to rug hooking. Yes, I'm not a fan of binding either. Perhaps that's why so many of mine are unfinished. Hope your recovery continues to go very well.

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

Linda, So sweet of you to mention me in your post. Yours is a difficult journey--please contact me if you need to vent. I made it through because I leaned on my family. Just hold onto them and focus on YOU!! I learned to just turn myself over to the doctors--something our son has to learn now. My prayers are always with you!!-hugs, Jan