This is the jewelry that I am sporting these days. Since I last posted about not feeling well I had emergency surgery in October for a ruptured colon due to diverticulitis which also gave me a colostomy.
This teal ribbon however represents Ovarian Cancer. A couple days after surgery I found that the path report showed that hiding there behind my abscessed colon was this awful disease.
I don't want to bore you with all of the details but after a short recuperation I began Chemo in November. I have had 3 treatments at 3 week intervals and now am awaiting another surgery in February to reconnect my colon and have a hysterectomy. This is all backwards but what the two surgeons felt was the best way to go. After that I will resume Chemo.
Many of you already know of most of this and I so appreciate all of your good wishes and prayers.
I have been wanting to resume blogging for some time but I just felt I needed to put all of this out there first.
I was losing my hair starting 2 weeks after my first treatment but now it has tapered off. I cut it short and sometimes can get buy without wearing a hat. Not when it is freezing out though! I am going to see about a wig soon.
My main problem I am dealing with as a side effect is the neuropathy in my hands and feet. The tingling in my fingers makes it hard to feel the keys on the keyboard, pick up a needle or even hold the hook to pull loops. But I have been back to hooking lately. I will post pic of what I have done soon.
Thanks to all of you bloggers who have been posting so regularly, I don't always comment but oh do I enjoy reading all that you show and tell!
I will see you soon.
Linda
16 comments:
Hi, Linda ~ you are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend.
hugs.
pam
Oh, my dear. I am adding you to my prayer list. Sending you strong healing light and warm thoughts.
Hugs and blessings,
Courtney
Sorry to hear all the bad news, Linda, but thankfully there is some good, too. You are back to blogging a little and even doing a bit of hooking! All good thoughts and prayers will be going up for you. Feel better and stay positive!
Lynne
sorry to hear that Linda. Wishing you the best and prayers sent your way.
patti
How happy I am to see you blogging!!! What a ride you have been on ~ and I guess it continues for a while ~ so hang on tight! You know I think about you every day and send prayers your way ~ loved your Elf Yourself at Christmas ~ glad you're hooking ~ it will help pass the time. Stay in touch, friend ~ thanks for sharing your story!! Sharing = more prayers = more healing coming your way!!
Linda ~ It is so good to hear from you! I think of you often and am keeping you in my prayers. I'm glad to hear that you have hook in hand and hope you share with us what you are working on.
Big hugs, my friend :)
Lauren
Dear Linda, I'm so sorry about all this nasty stuff that you are going through. As a breast cancer survivor I know first hand that it's not a fun ride. This is such a nasty business.
I'm sending healing prayers and positive thoughts of courage and strength. Stay positive my friend. I hope that all this will be behind you soon. Hugs. JB
Linda you know you are in my prayers regularly. I am praying you are soon better and cancer free. Thank you for sharing about the teal ribbon,as I did not know that. I have been all into pink. I will be so thankful when this is all behind you. My friend Carol has said the same thing about the tingling.God Bless you.
Linda I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you go about the next steps to eradicating the cancer. Hugs and prayers, Linda
Linda, you are such a dear, sweet friend. I hope you know how much you are loved and how many of us are praying for your full & complete recovery.
It's wonderful that you feel up to blogging and doing some of the things you enjoy.
If you ever need me, you know where to find me.
Love you bunches!
~Carolyn
Linda,
You are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm praying that the surgery goes well and that you will be cancer free soon.
hugs,
Cindy
Linda: I wonder what God has in mind for you??? He is putting you to the test and you WILL get through it, good and bad days but you will get through it and come out fine. It is a miserable hiccup in your life but I will pray for you. Keep us posted and know that all your blogging friends are loving and thinking of you. {{HUGS}} Joy
Please get well soon, we miss you!
Oh Linda... I'm so sorry. I had no idea. I am praying for your healing!
Carmen and the Primcats
Dear Linda,I am new to blogging ,but you touched my heart. I am an ovarian cancer survivor of 20 years. I went through 3 surgeries and 6 months of heavy duty chemo. Treatments have changed drastically since I had mine...and for the good. I know how hard it can be, just lean on those around you and you will be well.I learned to listen to my body --rested when I was tired, learned to finally put myself first, and put myself fully in the hands of my doctors. You will be in my thoughts.
hugs-Jan-Life on Buttermilk Hill
Sorry you've been going through this Linda, I will remember you in prayer.
Post a Comment