Simply Country Seasons


Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Playing with fonts......

I have been trying some new things on here and I think I have found a font that is easier to read.

For those of you who were wondering about the barn picture. This barn is in Delaware County and I like it because the picture has a nice snowy scene.
Barns in every county in Ohio were painted to celebrate Ohio's Bicentennial in 2003 by a young man named Scott Hagan.
There are some really wonderful painted barns all over the state.

Linda

5 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Linda ~
I love the font you are using. Very easy to read. Is this a font in the "new" blogger? I really need to take some time and explore some of the options available. My blog has been the same since I started it!
I live in northern Ohio and I just loved all bicentennial barns. The Lorain County one was about 6-7 miles south of me.
Stop by my blog ~ I'm having a little give~away :)
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Linda said...

Hi Lauren.......I love your blog...I visit all of the time. Love your rugs!
The font is on blogger under template and then go to advanced. I still have so much to learn but it's fun.
Linda

Anonymous said...

hello Linda~I'm a "new" follower, and a fellow "Ohioian" (: I love the painted barns too! Your blog is lovely! I need to update mine with a new font too, but wasn't sure how to do it..I'm like you..love to read other's blogs, but don't keep up with mine near as much as I would like to! Looking forward to visiting yours! Hope you are staying warm in your part of Ohio..we had two more inches of snow overnight...so pretty to wake up to..and so thankful that I don't have to go anywhere!
warm regards~Kathy

Uptown Antiques said...

Hey Linda, I really like the new font!! I love the barns around Ohio too. Wouldn't it be cool if they all had awesome primitives inside, for sale?!

Linda, how do you make a signature? I still haven't figured that one out! And some people have their blog come up as (example) kim@myblog. How do they do that??

Kim

Linda said...

Hi Kim.....I hope you see this. Go into Dashboard and then Edit profile and scroll down about half way and there is a place to put your name.
I don't know about your other question..........maybe someone can help us on that.
I am still having fits trying to have a thumbnail picture show on the blog list.
Linda