Saturday, September 12, 2009
Company's Coming.................
and that is why I have been gone for so long. It is amazing how much you want/need to do around the house when you know someone will be visiting for a few days. The guest room needs to be just perfect and comfy. Kitchen cupboards and counters all cleaned, windows washed, weeds pulled from the gardens.................well, you know.
My sister-in-law will be coming here from PA on Thursday. She hasn't been here for several years now and we have a lot of catching up to do. In some of her past visits we have gone to German Village (one of her favorite places), Inniswood Gardens, The shops in Westerville, Sunbury and Lancaster.
This year on Friday we are planning to go to the Country Living Fair that we be at the Ohio Village. Are any of you planning on going to that one? The staff will be there from Country Living Magazine along with David T. Smith and many well know dealers. Here is the link to the show.
http://www.countryliving.com/antiques/shops-and-shows/cl-fair-promo-0509
Then on Saturday (if we can both still move) we are going to The Spirit of Friends Show at Malabar Farms http://inthespiritoffriendsshow.blogspot.com/
Just look at the list of Vendors...............Hi Alice!
Then I also have been doing some sewing and sign painting for a friend to sell at a show she is doing. It is going to be beautiful weather here again today so I hope to start stripping the leaves off my bittersweet vines that we started cutting yesterday. My vines are out of control, I don't know how we will ever get the ones that have grown up a huge pine tree. This is a pile of the vines that needs the leaves stripped off.
I have a pot of vegetable soup simmering and I am getting ready to make an apple pie so I better get busy.
Will see you all soon,
Linda
4 comments:
Have a wonderful time with your sisterinlaw & I'm pea green with envy ~ I want to go to those shows but i'm just too far away.
Pam
Look at that pile of bittersweet! I love it! It's so hard to find around here, and my new plant isn't going to produce anything this year.
Have fun with your sil! Those shows sound fantastic!
Don't work too hard.
Terry
Oh, yikes. I can sure relate to getting ready for company. Why do all those little projects only become apparent when someone else will see them??
You are so lucky to live in an area with so many fun things to see & do. I freely admit I'm jealous but I wish you and your SIL a wonderful time.
WOW! That's a lot of bittersweet! If I were closer, I'd come help you.
I hope you and SIL had a great time shopping.
I'd love to see the things you have been making and painting. Pics please! LOL!
Have a great week!
Post a Comment