Simply Country Seasons


Monday, July 25, 2011

My Sheep Hooked Rug is Done


Just a quick post to say that my very first hooked rug...........Lexington Proddy Sheep is finally done and hanging up!
I am officially "hooked" on rug hooking. I got the pattern and took the class for this rug from
Alice at her studio.
I have another one on my frame now plus I am binding a little mat sized one that I did with some scraps. Have a couple more planned to do........
see I told you I was "hooked"!



We are having a break in our weather today, only supposed to go to 88 degrees.
Will be back soon with some more photos.
Have a great day everyone.

Linda

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!! I have some books on rug hooking, but have never made one. We had a shop near here that used to teach classes on it, but they ended up closing. Can't wait to see the new one you are working on now.
~Cindy~

Teri said...

Linda,
I love it !!!! You know, you would think having sheep, that would have been my first rug to hook ... I also am hooked on hooking ... and myabe I'll have to try hooking a sheep.
Thanks for sharing.
Teri♥♥♥

Angela said...

Linda, I love the rug.You did a great job. I so want to learn rug hooking but no one around here gives classes. Guess I will just have to break down and buy me one some day. You should be so proud of yourself. Have a great week
Angela
Thru Nanas Window

Anonymous said...

Linda, your rug is awesome! It looks so professionally done. I so wish I lived closer so that you could teach me & we could hook together.
:o)

~Carolyn

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

It is beautiful! That is something that I would like to learn. I can't wait to see what you do next.

Bear Hugs & Blessings~Karen

My Colonial Home said...

Morning Linda...what a beautiful rug! I just purchased a sheep one from a shop in Wisconsin and can't wait to start it.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Karen

bettyj said...

Linda I love your rug!
betty

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Linda...what a great rug.
I saw that Lauren on Rugs and Pugs had the same rug...now I'm really intrigued!!!!
Very, very nice.

Karen

Janet - underthewillow said...

Hi Linda!...your rug is lovely!...I just wanted to pop on over to say thank you for visiting my blog and for the kind words...have a great day!

Janet

Karen said...

I like your sheep. I have not learned how to do rug hooking. Wish we had a shop that sold the supplies and gave classes.