Simply Country Seasons


Friday, September 3, 2010

All I can say is………

 Fall 2009 001

Hello…………again! 

I am not even going to  try and explain my tardiness in updating my blog.

So I am just going to start anew with a brand new Season…….Fall,  my favorite, as it is with most of you out there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Like most of you we have had a very hot, dry Summer.  I need to open up a tomato stand  for all of the  harvest we have had. 

Sept 2010 009

And, we still have many more green ones on the vines.

Sept 2010 007

I think this has been the very best year ever for our tomatoes.  I have canned and frozen them in the past but I just can’t seem to get motivated to that this year.

In a few months I will be wishing for a fresh Roma tomato.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have to tell you that I have been reading all of the blogs on my list  and have added many new ones all Summer long.  Thanks to all of you faithful bloggers!

I have been working on setting up a Picture Trail.  I always enjoy looking at them so I thought I would give it a try.

I’ll keep you posted how I am doing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone have a safe and happy Labor Day weekend and for those of you in the line of  “HurricaneEarl’s”  wrath……………..

Stay safe. 

See you soon.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda! So nice to see a post from you! Even though we chat on the board, I enjoy your blog posts too. :o)

Those tomatoes look yummy! The farmers market is the only place around here to find fresh tomatoes. Walmart carries them, but they are gone in a flash. Daddy didn't grow any this year, so it has benn hard to actually PAY for tomatoes! LOL!

Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

~Carolyn

Birgit said...

Welcome back! It's so good to see you post again. Summer is such a busy time for everyone. I hope you enjoyed your time away and got lots of rest and relaxation.
Our tomatoes have done really well this year too. We've got both Roma's and Beef Steaks. If I lived closer, I'd come help you do the canning. It is a lot of work!
Glad to see you posting again. Have a great week!
Blessings~ Birgit

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. Actually my husband has been great about it the only remark I got was from my youngest who said " It wasn't me " but I have to remember he hasn't know my decorating any other way but he will get used to it! I myself love it!

Rondell

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Thanks for stopping by my booth Saturday and stopping by my blog today!! It was great to me you! Wish you were closer!! Have fun at Country Living ~ I've never been there and won't make it this year either!! Enjoy your day!