Simply Country Seasons


Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Postman Came…

Or in my case today, it was the Postmistress.

My box arrived from Barbara at

Quaint and Plain today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every little package was wrapped so sweetly.

Gifts from Turkey Hollow 007

Gifts from Turkey Hollow 008

I was just savoring each little item that I opened slowly,

Gifts from Turkey Hollow 011

But then, each one was better than the last and I couldn’t wait, I had to tear into all of them!

Gifts from Turkey Hollow 018 

Just look at my treasures…….

the cutest little crow clay dish,

Gifts from Turkey Hollow 022 

Little homespun hearts

Gifts from Turkey Hollow 026

A sweet little bird make do on a wooden spool

Gifts from Turkey Hollow 025  

Little bundles of fabric….old quilt swatches, homespun in the best old shades of blue and brown, and the softest bundle of wool.

Gifts from Turkey Hollow 020

Plus, two little blackened beeswax  hearts

Gifts from Turkey Hollow 014

Thank you so much Barbara.

What a perfectly prim surprise that made my heart flutter.

Hugs across the miles,

Linda

18 comments:

Kimberly said...

Ok, I'm jealous! Those are some pretty prim pretties!

And yes, THANK YOU for the wonderful seed you planted... I'm so pleased with the stack of yellow ware bowls! I did love the yo-yo idea but really didn't want something that dimensional (if that's the word I'm looking for) on the quilt. I think it would have been too 3d-ish.

Have a great weekend! I'm going to add the borders to the alphabet quilt and then hopefully get some hand stitching done!

Take care, Kimberly

Something Nice and Pretty said...

What neat, prim goodies you recieved love the little pile of wool and the fabric ones too:)
Rondell

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

What sweet treasures you recieved! So many goodies!! B is such a sweet soul!!

Terry said...

I don't think I would have to be able to contain myself either.
What wonderful sweet goodies! That little bird is adorable!
Congratulations...I know you'll enjoy them.
Terry

Anonymous said...

What great goodies you got!! Love the little bird on the spool.
~Cindy~

Kaaren said...

The gifts you received appear as though they were destined to live in your home. They're wonderful and I would have been as excited as you were opening each and every treasure.

Linda* ~ Josephine’s Daughter said...

How wonderful. It's alway so much getting a package in the mail.
Blessings,
Linda*

Anonymous said...

Linda, what a nice little bundle of awesome prim goodies! That would make anyone's day for sure!
Have a great weekend!

A Bit of Colour said...

Almost like Christmas all over again!

Blessings~Kim

tarrah said...

Hi Linda, very nice to meet you! The wool lady, Loretta, is here in Pa...it is very overwhelming! If you click on the word WOOL on this post of my blog post it should take you directly to her site.
http://indiantrailpottery.blogspot.com/2010/01/chicken-soup-and-big-craft-wholesale.html
Have fun and let me know how you make out!! :)

Janene said...

Oh you are so lucky to receive such a great little package in the mail!
What a wonderful surprise!
Thank you for the comment on my blog. I wanted to let you know that yes I did watch that show last night! It was the first time I have ever seen it, and now I am going to set my DVR to watch it every Monday! That is definately my kind of show!
Have a wonderful week!

Birgit said...

What wonderful goodies you received! Don't ya just love a good swap?
Blessings to you~ Birgit

My Colonial Home said...

Beautiful treasures!
How lucky you are.
Karen

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Linda...that would be wonderful to meet up with you in Ohio...

I don't know how to get ahold of you though...there isn't an e-mail anywhere on your blog or your profile.

So e-mail me at kmprimitives@yahoo.com please.
Karen

Teri said...

Hi Linda ... So I want to tell you more of what I did on the rug hooking thing ...so go to my blog and click on the contact me. And I will get back with you.
I can give you a GREAT site that really helped me.
Teri♥♥3

Dee Carlson said...

Congratulations on winning the giveaway. You see many of them these days, but is so exciting to be the one! Nothing like opening a box of treasures. Enjoy!

Cinnamonberrylane Primitives said...

Thank you Linda , yours is one of the blogs i can view with no problems. I used firefox all the time before and had no problems so... maybe i have to go back to that. you sure got a package of nice prim goodies1 have a great day Blessings, Leah

Anonymous said...

Wow...I don't blame you, those are really nice gifts, my heart would flutter too! Thanks for the kind word and visit..come say hi any time :D