Simply Country Seasons


Monday, November 23, 2009

Feeling a little stressed?

                                                                  

turkey

Just think how this guy must feel!

 

I can’t believe that we are almost to the end of November already.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For being only 3 days from Thanksgiving, I am surprisingly calm.

Could that be because I am not hosting our meal for 24 people but instead will be going to our daughter’s?  Now we will all be bringing loads of foodstuff to this get together but there is a lot more pressure on the host and hostess of these large events.

Ah, the advantage of getting older…… your kids grow up and take turns having family dinners at their homes!  The host daughter this year is a 4th grade teacher and poor thing has teacher/parent conferences tonight and tomorrow night.  But she is confident that she will pull it all together since she has Wednesday off!  I have no doubts, she is really pretty organized.

Gee, now that I think about it………

I think it is my turn next year.  Oh, well, I’ll worry about that later.  For now I will stay nice and calm!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have been meaning to post this recipe ……………..it is so good.

It’s one of our staples that my oldest daughter makes every Thanksgiving.

Oh, and even all of the kids love this one.

Sweet Potato Puffs

2   40oz cans of sweet potatoes that have been drained.

3 egg yokes

1 1/2 teas. salt

1/3 cup brown sugar

2 cups crushed corn flakes 

1/2 cup of melted butter

another 1/2 cup of melted butter set aside

1 bag of regular marshmallows

Foil muffin paper cups.

Mix together, sweet potatoes, egg yokes, 1/2 cup butter, salt and brown sugar.

Mix remaining melted butter with crushed cornflakes.

Now, mold the potato mixture around a marshmallow and then roll in the crumb mixture and place into the muffin foils.

Then use your thumb and make an indent into each puff.

This should make about 30 of these.

Put foils into a plastic container and freeze before baking.  These can be assembled up to a week before needed.

When ready to bake

Preheat oven to 350*

Place frozen puffs in their foils into muffin tins. Do not thaw before baking.

Bake for about 30 minutes

These are so good,  I think you will like them.  I always thought that crushed pecans would be so good added to the crumbs but my son-in-law is deathly allergic to nuts so we avoid those.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also just wanted to say that I have been enjoying so many blogs this season with all of your finds, re-dos, recipes and creations.

I, like so many of you plan to “Bring on Christmas” at the end of the week.

May you all have a wonderful

“Thankful”  Thanksgiving!

See you again soon!

Linda

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda, that recipe sounds so good! I may have to try this instead of sweet potato caserole! LOL!
I will be doing the cooking this year, like usual, but we won't ahve everyone here this time. Only imeediate famiy. So that's kind of nice to keep it small. Then we will all gather at Daddy's for dessert ad coffee.
I hope you & your's will have the most wonderful Thanksgiving!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and can't wait to see your decorating for Christmas also:0
Rondell

Behind My Picket Fence said...

My heart goes out to Thomas and Thomasina Turkey so in honor of them I will be serving roast beef on Thanksgiving. Lucky you to have people to rotate hosting with. Your recipe sounds wonderful. I will save it and hope I can find it again when I want it....

Birgit said...

I am hosting dinner for my family as well this year. There will be 17 of us around our little farmers table but it will be joyful and fun! Yes, my sisters and I took over the holiday preparations and meals to give my mom a much deserved break from all the work. We all still participate in bringing good food to the table though and so does my mom. She wouldn't be mom if she didn't cook something!
Have a blessed Thanksgiving and thanks for stopping by to visit me. You're a blessing to my day!
Hugs~ Birgit

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

Wishing you and your family a beautiful Thanksgiving-with lotsa Happy Blessings! ♥

basketsnprims said...

Love your turkey ~ the poor thing.
May you and your family have a Happy & Blessed Thanksgiving.
Pam

Angie said...

hi linda~
the recipe sounds yummy~love all of your handmades~thanks for visiting my blog! Happy Thanksgiving!

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! Dawn

countrykathy said...

Hi Linda,
Just wanted to tell you how much I like your OHIO barn photo on your blog.Lovely!!
Am sure your busy getting ready for Santa's visit. I just finished most of the decorating today. We just returned from visiting our son in PA over Thanksgiving and my DH's birthday was Mon. so I was running a bit behind.
Warm holiday wishes to you and yours.
Kathy

Linda said...

Hi Kathy.........That's the barn for Delaware County. I picked it because the picture was taken with snow on the ground.
Happy belated birthday to your DH.
Linda