Simply Country Seasons


Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Do we call it a collection…. or a fetish?

I was thinking that I would go around the house and take some photos of some of my favorite things that I like to collect.

One group of those are antique baby and toddler shoes.

Fall 2009 029

Can you imagine having to fasten all of these tiny buttons on your child’s shoes?

                                 Just look at the worn edge on the side of this shoe.  It was probably handed down from one child to the next.  I just left the scraggy little shoe lace that was in one of the shoes.

Fall 2009 027

Fall 2009 026

These little white leather high tops were quite special in their day I am sure.

 

Fall 2009 024    

                                Fall 2009 028

And then I have some little orphans……………….just the right shoe. Fall 2009 031                                   I  would love to see some of your collections.  Just think about all of the special  things that are just waiting to have their pictures taken.  

I’ll be back another day with another grouping.…….we only need three of something to be a collection…………. right? 

12 comments:

Kris ~ Simply Prim said...

Love your shoe collection, Linda!! Can't wait to see more of your collections! Does collecting dust bunnies count as a collection? LOL

Take care,
~Kris~

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

What a wonderful 'fetish' you have! Love the little shoes!! I think I have some serious fetishes too!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love the little shoes, so neat and I can't imagine having to button them on a wiggley baby:)

Terry said...

They are precious aren't they?
I have Kens dads baby shoes. They are brown leather, and just love them.
I can't imagine having to button those things on a squirming baby.
Terry

Anonymous said...

Linda, I love them! I used to collect them too, several years ago. But like somebody crazy, I sold them! I only had a few pairs but they were so sweet, just like your's. I have thought a lot about collecting them again one day.
Thanks for posting about them. It sure made me smile this morning, and I needed that!
:)

Linda* ~ Josephine’s Daughter said...

I love the old baby button up shoes too. I have several pairs of them...I wish I had more!
Thanks for sharing yours.
Linda*

Susannah said...

Love those darling shoes! I have my Grandfather's shoes that he wore when he was very young. I cherish them.

Interesting blog. Thank you.

Friends,
Susannah

Black Sheep Lisa said...

Now i am wanting some little shoes! Great collection!

Lee Hill Primitives said...

OMG, what a great collection. Just beautiful!

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

Wow, I love your shoe collection!
I thought about collecting them, but I
haven't found any, so I
guess I won't!

Bear Hugs~Karen

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

Thanks for stopping by, I like making new friends! I will be posting more pictures, soon...I know I got the mountains mixed up,
there are just so many!

Have a great weekend!

Bear Hugs~Karen

HomeSpunPrims said...

Linda~
Well I guess we ARE kindred spirits in our collections! Love your little shoe collection.

Lori